FTHB: Step 5-6
Step 5: Schedule private showings
FTHB: Step 5-6
- Now that your search has been created, you can explore listings and save “heart” your favorites while “trash” removing all other listings. Once you have identified 3-5 listings that are of interest to you, email us with the addresses and/or MLS numbers along with 2 different dates/times that work within your schedule. Best times to view homes are between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. (There is typically more showing availability during these timeframes, it is also generally quieter allowing for more focus & less distraction from other agents and clients. (Plus, during the winter months it’s still light out.)
- NOTE: Private showings can range from a few weeks to a few month, or in some cases a few years. There is NO set timeframe and individual has different needs & requirements, so don’t fret this is all part of the process!
Step 6: Writing an offer & getting it accepted!
- When the right house finally presents itself to you. It is time to write an offer. Before doing so you will spend some time with us talking through all of the terms of the offer as well as well as what strategies will work best when submitting and negotiating the offer out.
- Writing the actual offer is simple – it’s all done The offer will be prepared via a system called Authentisign, a secure online document signing service. You will receive an email directly from Authentisign that will walk you through the signing process. After you receive the signing invitation, we request that you complete the signing by 9am the following morning to ensure we have the offer submitted in a timely manner.
- If the offer is accepted, CONGRADULATIONS! You are now in the final stages of becoming a new home owner. If NOT, we will simply repeat Step 5 & continue with the process until we do get an accepted offer.