Downsizing Buyer: Step 3-5
Step 3: Creating a home search!
Move-Up Buyer: Step 3-5
- You are now ready to create a new home search once again.
- At this point in time we will look back to your responses in our move-up buyer questionnaire to create a custom home search. Just like before you will begin to explore the listings favoriting you top choices via the and “heart” tool. While at the same time removing any listings that don’t peak your interest using the “trash bin” tool. It will be important to work through every listing in your search results using this methodology. This will help in two ways:
- By marking every listing in the beginning of this process. It will be very easy to identify new listings, status changes, or price reductions when new emails are sent to you over the coming weeks.
- Patterns may also start to emerge making it easier to narrow your search or remove certain types of properties?
Step 4: Schedule private Showings!
- Again, just like before, once you have identified 3-5 listings that are of interest to you, email us with the addresses and/or MLS numbers along with 2 different dates/times that work within your schedule. Best times to view homes are between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday. There is typically more showing availability during these timeframes, it is also generally quieter allowing for more focus & less distraction from other agents and clients. (Plus, during the winter months it’s still light out.) Finally, if there is interest in the property this will provide ample time to write and submit an offer before a typical Sunday afternoon deadline should the home fall into multiple offers.
Step 5: Writing an offer & getting it accepted!
- When the right house has been identified we will work to write up an offer. Like before I will gather all of the terms necessary to and submit to you via our electronic secure online document signing service – Authentisign
- After you receive the signing invitation, we request that you complete the signing by 9am the following morning to ensure we have the offer submitted in a timely manner.
- If the offer is accepted, CONGRADULATIONS! You are now in the final stages of owning your new home! If NOT, we will simply repeat Step 5 & continue with the process until we do get an accepted offer.